Sunday, February 18, 2007

It bloggles my mind

So I never really understood the whole blogging thing (thang, for all you kids out there). I didn't understand why people would want to post the trivial (or not-so-trivial) details of of their lives for all the world to see. Or why anyone would want to read them.

And then I moved to the big dirty city.

We don't know many people in the big dirty city. At least not well. I don't have what you'd call an "active social life". So in my boredom, during "Law & Order" commercial breaks, I started reading blogs. I started with people I knew--kind of. And suddenly I was reading about the cycling adventures of "Jill in Alaska" (just think, a 135 mile mtb race in the middle of the Alaskan winter!) or about what some person in New Hampshire likes to read.

And then I had to admit it. I was one of "those people." You know, those people apparently looking for non-personal inter-personal contact via the webernet. Beats watching "Fraiser" re-runs I guess. Not that I'm doing it all the time. But it is interesting. And I can see where it might be a good way to keep in some contact with folks I'm not very good at emailing or calling (college friends, in-laws, parents, siblings). So yeah, maybe I'll give this a shot.

Then again, I was thinking about giving up the webernet for Lent (too much wasted time. I need a real hobby). So maybe this is a bad time to start.

1 comment:

RA said...

Yeah! You have a blog! I bet you'll be much better at posting than I am :-) And your dog is adorable!