Monday, July 9, 2007

Things I like about CO: Part III

Now that I'm an old codger of 27, I'm not sure what the kids these days would use to describe my last post. "Lame" seems apt. But you'd have to ask someone more "down" with the slang.

At any rate, in an effort to redeem myself (and in an even bigger effort to put off getting to work), I'm going to post the third in my compelling series: "Things I like about CO." Today's feature? "Dates with Jill." Of course, I could have dates with Jill anywhere we lived, but never mind that. As you can tell, we have some wild and crazy fun out here. I mean, a Friday night at the greenhouse? Outrageous.

The one* picture that's missing that has become a new thing for us is playing cribbage on the front porch in the cool of the evening. Has anyone noticed that the first person to deal always wins? Or is that just us?



*Oh, and our all too regular "Netflix" dates. And nights reading (Jill's plowing through the "Mitford" series now). Anyone have any good recommendations for books/movies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read The Water Lily Cross: An English Garden Mystery by Anthony Eglin and I really enjoyed it. It's a cute little mystery that's not terribly suspenseful but entertaining to read. Plus the main character talks a lot about some really beautiful gardens that I would love to go and visit some day. The one after that was The Penny by Joyce Meyer and Deborah Bedford. That was also an enjoyable read--I read it in one day while camping and cried many times. Right now I'm reading The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant. So far I'm enjoying it, but we'll see what happens with the rest of it. Perhaps some of those will interest you.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and we just watched Stranger Than Fiction and both loved it.