Thursday, August 9, 2007

Things I DON'T LIke About Living in CO

One of my dreams is to live in a place that is "safe." No crazy weather (hurricanes or earthquakes). No venomous snakes. No scary bugs.


Apparently, CO is not that place.


Aside from an occasional blizzard and a perennial drought, the weather is great. But I'm not a fan of the wildlife.
Two weeks ago I saw a rattle snake while mountain biking. And today, I was told that a woman from church got bit by a black widow while looking for something in her garage.
Yikes. THAT's creepy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel,
Jean just tipped me off to your blog. I find it very amusing. My husband Jeff would agree with you on the whole spider thing....spiders bad!!!! to put it in Frankenstein talk. I'm looking forward to reading more......

Hugs,
Aunt Evie

gardener said...

Speaking of rattlesnakes--did you see this article in the weekend newspaper? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070810/ap_on_fe_st/odd_headless_snake_bite

Unknown said...

Who took the picture, you or your adventurous wife?

Joel said...

dad: "Google"