Thursday, May 21, 2009

Desperate Pleas, Cajoling, Guilt Trips Etc

Below is a copy of a letter I've been sending around to friends and family. Pleeeaaase consider giving. Yes, it's rather pathetic to break a two month blogging hiatus with a fund raising plea...but I guess that's how I roll.

_________________

Dear Family,

As you know, I’m always looking for an excuse to ride my bike. Recently, I found what may be one of the best excuses out there—the MS-150 bike tour.

The Colorado MS-150 tour is a two day event held on June 27-28. I (and 3,499 others) have committed to riding 150 miles during those two days (or 175 if I'm feeling extra ambitious). Why would I do such a thing? Well, why else? The money!

The Colorado MS-150 is an attempt to raise 3.2 million dollars for the National MS Society—an organization that seeks both to fund research that will hopefully lead to cure for Multiple Sclerosis some day in the future and, in the mean time, provide valuable programs and services for those who suffer from this disease (more than 400,000 in the United States alone). As I've heard the stories of those who have had their lives affected by this disease and have learned more about the work of the National MS Society, I've become increasingly convinced of the importance of this cause. That's why I have committed to raising $500 (and hopefully a bit more) for this wonderful organization.

And (you knew it was coming!) that's where you come in. I realize that there are many good causes asking for your help--but would you please consider sponsoring me in this endeavour by making a donation to the National MS Society? Doing so is easy. If you wish to pay with credit card, you can either view my personal page by clicking here, or go to my Facebook profile and follow the link on the left hand bar. Or, if you would prefer to use a personal check, simply send it to me at home (checks can be payable to NMSS, Colorado Chapter).

If you have any questions about the ride, the MS society, or anything else, please feel free to ask. Thank you for seriously considering this opportunity. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Joel

PS: If you know someone who may be interested in contributing to this cause, please feel free to pass on this email!

No comments: