Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ride Around Town

CL and I took a ride around Denver this morning. All said and done, he put in 52 miles, I put in 58. It was CL's second longest ride ever--the only one longer being a ride around Lake Okoboji we did in Jr. High (A day we both remember for different reasons as well. It was the day Chris got his beloved cat, Buddy. Also the first (and I think last) time that I experienced the unpleasant surprise of sour milk on my Raisin Bran. And I just thought it was frozen...). To commemorate the big day, I decided to take my camera and snap a few random shots from the bike.












Also a shot of the local wildlife...regrettably, I missed the other notable bit of wildlife--a man riding bike with a parrot on his shoulder.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

gardener said...

OK. I'll bite. Is that a rattlesnake?

Joel said...

I dont' think so. I think it's a bull snake. They look a lot a like except that bull snakes have a different shaped head, no rattle, and are non piosonous and don't bite. People around here like them because they eat rattle snakes. And yes, I have seen a rattle snake. That time I didn't snap a picture. I picked it up in faith, and started speaking in tongues....