Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Little Stroll

I know I said no bike posts. How about hiking?

Jill and I went to Dakota Ridge with Daisy for a two hour (ish) hike this afternoon. Dakota Ridge is located near Red Rocks (in fact, it overlooks Red Rocks). When I viewed it from the highway, I thought it was the official beginning of the foothills. Turns out, it's not. From what I can tell, it's a big wall of rock with a hiking trail going along the top. The flatlands (well, some hills, the highway--470, I think) are on the east and the Red Rocks/Basin type area on the west. Then the real foothills/mountains start. Quite an interesting geological formation. (If anyone finds any "official" info on the internet, let me know. I'll post a link). A few shots for your view pleasure...

ME



THE MRS.


(After this pic was taken, Daisy attacked Jill. She was really mad about the bunny ears.)




DAISY

(Clearly, not one who suffers from Acrophobia)

GRATUITOUS JILL/DAISY SHOT

PS: Regardless of the impression given on this blog, I really do more here than ski, bike, and hike. For instance, now I "blog."

PPS: Hey CL, I met Walt (yes, the Walt). He and his wife/girlfriend were out riding...

No comments: